Thursday, June 27, 2013













We arrived in Buenos Aires after an 18-hour bus ride across Argentina from Bariloche.  The city was a busy one, much different from the serene nature in Patagonia, and felt similar to the European cities I have visited before.  Being in a large city, I rarely take photos and am often too distracted by everything around me.  I want to take time to reflect on the history, on the architecture. and on the people.  And to be honest, most of my time was spent searching for the next ice cream stand — I think I ate an ice cream cone at least once a day!

We took a small history tour and visited the Casa Rosada, toured Cathedrals, explored the neighborhoods of La Boca and Palermo, got up close and personal with animals at the Buenos Aires Zoo, and even ran into a friend of Nora's from Switzerland!  We made friends with a skydiver from France, had coffee and tea at the oldest coffee shop in the world (Café Tortoni), went to a ballet in Teatro Colón, and watched people dance Tango.

Buenos Aires is a huge city that needs to be experienced over a long period of time, rather than the five days we had there.  And as much as I loved the city, my heart was left back in Patagonia.



LOCATION: Buenos Aires, Argentina
DATE: March 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment